Many people drink coffee in the mornings, myself included. While some do it by the energies that transmit to it, others do it by the flavor. Some even drink 6 cups of coffee daily. It is also true that everyone should be aware of the effects that coffee has on health and on the athlete. Considering all this, we are going to give you some keys so that the morning coffee is much healthier and rich in nutrients.
There are those who train in fasting, and some are reluctant to do so. For the former, comment that coffee is very good for increasing performance before training, due to the caffeine kick. But like everything in life, there are those who do not like coffee or do not use them to wake up in the morning. For them, they should follow 7 tricks to get energy without relying on coffee. And if you already have everything in mind, we are going to give you the essential steps to improve the coffee.
Most coffee brands (ground or not) contain neuroactive chemicals such as mycotoxin, naturally produced due to mold and fungi growing on coffee beans. These chemicals are common in other ingredients such as nuts, chocolate or even wine, and can lead us to chronic diseases with their regular consumption.
For this, there are some (few) brands that have changed the places and how to store the coffee beans where no mold and mildew grow, avoiding this serious problem. The advantage of this: coffee will be less acidic, smoother and easier to digest for sensitive stomachs.
Make your own milk
Dairy products contain a very acidic common allergen, a cause of inflammation, indigestion and some skin rashes, not to mention all the hormones we get into. The truth is, many lactose-free alternatives are not much better than regular milk. Many preservatives, added chemicals and sugar, all so the product can be stored for longer. Making our own milk would be best.
What do we need?
- A cup of almonds.
- Natural water (to soak the almonds).
- 2 cups of natural water to mix.
- A good strainer.
- A large bowl.
- A bottle with tight seal (to store milk).
How do we do it?
- Very easy. Before going to bed at night (or eight hours margin), we will prepare our homemade milk. Put the almonds in a cup of mineral water so they are completely submerged. When they wake up, they will have gained a little, hydrated, and will be easier to digest.
- We will crush the almonds in a blender at high speed, combining them with the 2 cups of mineral water. We mixed for one minute.
- Pour the mixture into the large bowl of the strainer to remove the remains of the almonds. Then, we put the liquid in the bottle and close hermetically. Store in refrigerator for 5 days before taking.
- Add an enhancer
- Tune up coffee
We are in a few years where many people use natural nutritional supplements with good taste and that provide that extra push that our health demands every morning. We could add some of these ingredients to our coffee or morning tea: maca root powder, coconut oil, lard, collagen, etc. The possibilities are endless. I recommend that you consult in a herbalist the best additions to get the necessary energy.
Therefore, every morning it is possible to drink coffee to start the day, however, with these three simple tips you can get a greater amount of energy from other natural sources and healthier.